School Counselor/LMHC License Eligible
Phone: (317) 332-9866
Email: [email protected]
My objective is to provide all students with the necessary tools and opportunities to encourage academic, emotional and social success. In collaboration with teachers, administrators, parents, and our community, I will help students set goals and create plans that encourage healthy social/emotional development and lifelong learning.
Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis
2018 - 2020
Masters in Counselor Education and Licensed Eligible Mental Health Counselor certification to be completed December 2020, with a current GPA of 3.98 out of 4.0.
1990 - 2000
Bachelor’s in General Studies with a concentration on Human Development and Family Studies and Sociological Perspectives
American School Counselors Association (2020)
Indiana School Counselors Association (2019-2020)
Liberty Behavioral Services [Intern/Independent]
May 2020 – Current
- Currently working with a small caseload of clients aged 6-25 on counseling needs and interventions.
- Assisted Psychologist with needs assessments, including mental health status exams.
Hendricks County Schools [Internship Programs]
September 2019 – Current
Worked through Plainfield Community Middle School, Avon’s Cedar Elementary and Avon High School to learn and apply counseling principles and develop strategies for success.
- Counseled individual students from grades K-12.
- Developed, led and facilitated weekly group counseling sessions.
- Created and implemented social emotional learning lessons for all grade levels.
- Worked with individual students on a weekly basis in order to assess and counsel.
- Assisted students in short-term crisis situations, focusing on developing and applying effective coping strategies.
- Developed and implemented lesson plans and resource lists for individuals and families during the COVID-19 Crisis.
- Created the C.A.R.E. (Crisis Assistance and Resource Education) Facebook group and the C.O.M.M.U.N.I.T.Y. (Creating opportunities, managing mayhem, uncovering needs and initiating teamwork for you) Facebook page, which allowed distribution of information and provided an opportunity for communication and feedback regarding crisis situations in our communities.
- Worked with a local family regarding their personal experience with addiction and the opioid crisis in Indiana.
Independent Consulting [Various]
December 2010 – Current
- Worked as an independent marketing consultant to assist businesses and not-for-profits in client engagement and procedure analysis.
- Developed and coordinated events throughout central Indiana in conjunction with Chambers of Commerce and a variety of other not-for-profit organizations.
- Promoted Port City Sound through social media, producing a viral video with over 8 million views. In addition to YouTube, the video was showcased on the Today Show and news mediums throughout the world.
- Served on a strategic planning committee for Mooresville Consolidated School Corporation.
- Assisted with evaluations and recommendations on “Code Red” safety protocol for Mooresville Schools.
- Worked on an as needed basis for a variety of positions at Mallow Run Winery, Heartland Crossing Golf Links and Mooresville Consolidated School Corporation.
Republic Airways [Flight Attendant]
July 2012 – October 2017
- Performed independently to promote safety, ensure security and provide exceptional customer service.
- Created a viral customer video showcasing delay management.
- Received accommodations, rewards and certificates based on excellence in customer service.
- Utilized creativity and “out of the box” thinking to satisfy customer needs.
Citizens Bank [Director of Marketing & Business Development]
October 2005 – November 2010
- Increased visibility and promoted growth in Central Indiana by improving employee engagement and developing sales training programs.
- Provided strategic planning, product development and sales forecasts while working quickly under pressure on multiple projects.
- Created concepts and content for a new bank website that resulted in more than 60,000 hits during the initial month, while rebranding the bank’s image with a new logo and the phrase “Have A Great Bank!”
- Implemented and managed one of the first Facebook pages for a Community Bank in Central Indiana, adding over 600 fans in 3 months.
- Developed, organized, planned and engaged committees to assist with the implementation of several large community events and fundraisers; including events at Lucas Oil Stadium, involving multiple businesses and vendors.
- Marketed to businesses and consumers by listening to their needs and determining unique ways to put the bank in a “Category of One”.
Valle Vista Health Center [Community Liaison]
September 2001 – February 2005
- Responsible for marketing behavioral health services to potential referral sources in new market territories through cold calling and networking.
- Managed and grew current referral source accounts through relationship management and needs analysis, growing referrals by over 30%
- Developed and organized training programs for referral sources. Including presentations to a variety of groups on various mental health and insurance topics.
BOARDS & COMMITTEES
Greater Mooresville Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors
March 2006 – November 2010; President 2010
Indiana District of Kiwanis Club Member
October 2005 – November 2010
Mooresville Club President 2007 – 2009; Circle City Lt. Governor 2008 - 2009
Indiana Bankers Association
Boys & Girls Club Board of Directors
Morgan County Leadership Academy Board of Directors